Monday, October 22, 2012

Now THAT's a weekend

First- I want to thank everyone who read, commented and gave out hugs for my Super Mom post. It means a lot to me not only that you read it but that you made sure to let me know I am not the only one struggling with work and home. So- thanks!

This past weekend was exactly what I needed after that draining post. It just happened to be perfect timing. My event Friday got finished early so I was home before midnight- still not enough time to see Miss K but enough time to get a good 8 hours of sleep in.

Saturday was the first weekend since late August that Mizzou didn't play at all and Geoff wanted to play golf so Kennedy and I had a whole day of fun planned.

My Mom picked us up and we spent the day shopping. Kennedy even helped pick out some new food to try (she loved it btw)




After we went to lunch Miss K and I got some perfect snuggle time in with a nap.

There is nothing better than snuggling with your little one- nothing. Geoff was gone most of the day so we got to eat dinner with Nana and Grandpa followed by ice cream. If that doesn't make a perfect Saturday I don't know what does.

Sunday we headed out of town for a family's baptism. It was great to see such a sweet event. We weren't finished yet though. It was absolutely perfect outside and the pumpkin patch was calling our name. I'm not sure Kennedy got a lot out of it but it was a nice family outing none the less. Geoff picked out a perfect sized pumpkin for Kennedy's first Halloween.



                                                                

After the pumpkin patch it was more golf, softball, dinner and home. Whew- THAT is what I call a weekend.
It was so nice to only have one obligation instead of the 2 or 3 we've had every weekend since August. It's funny, when you're a kid you live for the weekend. When you're an adult it's kind of the same thing but sometimes our weekends are so busy, I just need a break. For the first time in a very long time I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted to do it. Our little family spent more time together than we had in a very long time. Geoff was able to golf with friends while I took care of some errands. We were able to spend Saturday night together just the two of us. We got to experience the pumpkin patch for the first time, we got to hit some golfballs and enjoy the rare weather. We got to watch Geoff and Grandpa Terry in their last softball game of the season and we got to enjoy some more family time at Shakespeare's. We weren't home more than 6 hours all weekend (not counting sleep). It was perfect. 
It's exactly what we all needed with the upcoming weeks ahead. Homecoming this weekend with lots of visitors then Halloween, a trip for us and then boom- the holidays. Where has this year gone? I can't believe it's the end of October, I can't believe my baby is 6 months old, I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. I just can't believe how fast time seems to speed by. Everyone told me to cherish these moments because they fly by and I heard what they were saying but now I really get it. They weren't kidding when they say it goes by too fast. It seems like yesterday Kennedy didn't want me to put her down. Now, when I try to snuggle her she looks around and wiggles and giggles. It's so freaking awesome but when I get that rare moment where she will let me hold her and sleep- that my friends is heaven. 
   


By the looks of Miss K at dinner Sunday night I'd say she had a successful weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment