Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Not going anywhere for awhile

So we headed to the doctor yesterday for our check up. I was not so secretly hoping the doctor would tell us Little Miss was going to make her entrance to the world soon- yeah- nope. Apparently I have a very cozy inside because Little Miss is just snug as ever. However, I am now on "easy bed-rest" for at least a week, meaning I'm only allowed to work half days until I go back for my next appointment. It's a bummer I have to use some of my time and she's not here but honestly as crabby as I've been these last few days it's probably the best thing for EVERYONE that I rest a bit.


I got to take a little trip over to Labor and Delivery for some tests and while I was nervous heading in, I left feeling fantastic! The nurses were amazing and the room was lovely. It made me even more excited for the actual day and now that I've been through at least some of what's going to happen, I'm not as nervous. 


I can tell it's about time. I'm completely losing my mind these days. Today, I managed to go through an entire jug of unopened milk, simply by slamming it against the fridge, slicing the entire side open. Needless to say a quick grocery store run is in my very near future.


Nothing seems to fit anymore and I refuse to go buy new clothes for what could be 2 days or 3 weeks. So I'm doing something I probably haven't done since I was a baby and not able to dress myself- recycling my outfits every 3 days. GASP! I used to be able to make it a month before I'd wear the exact same outfit, now- 2 pair of pants (both black), 3 shirts, one cardigan and a pair of flip flops is about all I can squeeze on. With Easter this weekend I have NO idea what I'm going to wear and honestly, I could care less.


This has been an unbelievably amazing and relatively easy experience and I really can't complain too much. I know others have had it much harder. But at this point- I am over it, I'm done, I'm ready for the next part. At least those sleepless nights I'll have someone up with me.


So I ask you- when were you over it? At what point were you ready to get that kid out yourself????

2 comments:

  1. I was ready to get Dylan out about mid June. I ate pineapple, walked 4+ miles a day, bought an exercise ball and sat on that to try to get him to drop, etc. The only thing I wasn't brave enough to do was do the castrol oil thing and the thing that is proven to work, most times, I couldn't do until Ben got home. (Which we did end up proving that theory to be correct. Atleast for us). I remember one day, speaking of clothes, where I was going to go for a walk around the mall since it was too hot outside. I put on my bermuda jean shorts, thinking I could still fit into them just with my bella band on to hold them up. Well... I stopped at a store first and good thing I did. I went inside and something told me to feel my back pocket. Go to find out, I ripped the seam of my favorite and only pair of jean bermudas when I sat down in the car. I couldn't believe it. Thank goodness for the bella band. I pulled it down and left. At that point I talked to Dylan every chance I got and begged him to come out so mommy could wear her clothes again and not daddy's. I look back now and it makes me laugh but at the time... I was feeling like a huge, overheated, cow who wanted that baby out so bad that if the vacuum cleaner hose would have worked I might have tried it! lol
    Good luck with these next few days! I hope she gives you some relief soon but I'm still hoping for the 27th! :) (you know you secretly want that day too hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ready when I had about 5 weeks left and even more ready every week that passed after that (This was with Colton) with Brayden I was 5 weeks early and never experienced some of the uncomfortableness that I did with Colton.
    Girl you are lucky to have enough clothes to wear once a month, I on the other hand am that recycle girl!!! What ever is comfortable I wear especially now since I still can not fit into my pre-Colton clothes (hopefully someday soon)
    Hopefully Lil Miss comes soon to give you some relief, I can feel your pain as many Moms can, it does suck but like I am sure many have told you, it is all worth it in the end. Oh and don't forget to get that epidural!!!! (Only if you want it)

    ReplyDelete