Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Getting Ready for the Holidays

I can't tell you how excited I am for this time of year. The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year. And this year I get to introduce it all to my daughter.

Last holiday season I was 6 months pregnant and starting to feel it. Decorating was a chore, finding cute clothes was not happing and I was so tired everyday after work that I think I maybe watched 3 holiday movies total. 

This year though- I don't care if I fall asleep in the homemade icing- I'm doing it all.

We are baking Great-Grandma Whitney's sugar cookies and decorating them.

 We are putting up the tree and decorating the house AND putting lights up.

We are watching "The Holiday", "Meet Me in St. Louis", "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "The Night Before Christmas" and so many more!

We are playing Christmas carols everyday.

And this year-

We will suck it up and head to the mall and meet the big guy himself. Santa!  I hope Kennedy is as easy going with him as she is with any other stranger. 

I'm just so thrilled to introduce her to all the magic of the holidays. She is at such a fun age, hard to believe 7 months have already gone by. I can't wait to see her open her gifts, can't wait to watch her face as she tries mashed potatoes, can't wait to hear her laugh with her second cousins as they make funny faces at her.

I've never felt more whole as I do right now. I have a family of my own and I can't wait to begin some of our own traditions.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the holidays???

Happy Holidays to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment