Thursday, September 15, 2011

How I found out

  We'd been talking about the possibility of you off and one for a year or so. But I'm super picky and wanted to make sure you were born in a good month. I'm a January baby and sometimes my birthday tends to be "out shadowed" by Christmas or bad weather. Your dad's birthday is in a perfect time, the end of May, just when the weather is getting nice and people want to be outside. So I wanted to have you around then. But I also wasn't going to be picky forever, to me, this was the last month or so we could do that before I got too antsy.


In August two of my best friends and myself were so excited to take a trip of a lifetime. We packed up and headed to New York City, center of the universe. 
We had an amazing time! We went to F.A.O. Schwarz, the most amazing toy and candy story. I wanted to buy you something SO bad but I didn't want to jinx  what I thought was going on. Now I'm just going to have to order something from their online catalog.
We did SO much, saw Wicked, visited Wall Street, the Today Show and took a boat ride by the Statue of Liberty at sunset.
It was beautiful. The whole time I was there though I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was different. I couldn't put my finger on it but I just knew something big was about to happen. The girls and I even joked that I could be pregnant.
The neatest part of the trip for me was visiting a small room in Times Square. Inside houses the centennial ball from the ball drop they do every New Year's Eve from Times Square. It was beautiful!
On a wall next to the ball was a collage of tissue paper. All different shapes and colors. When we got a closer look we realized they had wishes on them. It was a wishing wall. People could actually write their wish for 2012 on these pieces of "confetti" and all the wishes will be dropped with the ball this New Year's Eve.
Of course we had to partake. I'm sure you can only imagine what I wished for...
I kissed the paper and put it on the wall, not knowing if anything would come from it.
We went on our way and enjoyed the rest of the trip. It really was one of the best weekends of my life. 
However, the day we were heading back there was only one thing on my mind, you!
As soon as I walked in the door I took a test like I have so many times before and expected nothing but hoped for everything.
I was completely taken aback when I saw what I saw! You were real!
The feeling I felt in NY was YOU!
I had to go straight to a work event and had to keep you all to myself (well, of course I told Boone and I'm sure he was VERY excited) for hours! After a few hours I couldn't stand it anymore and headed home to tell your dad.
It was hard but I managed to get through my whole trip and ask about his weekend before I told him. He laughed at me and asked why I didn't tell him about you first. I told him, if I had, he wouldn't even have asked about my trip!

So that was almost a month ago and here we are. 
We go to the dr. for the first time next week. I am so nervous and excited and impatient all at once. I just want to hear your heartbeat, see you if I can. I want to know you are there and aren't going anywhere for awhile.
We are so excited to meet you Baby K!

No comments:

Post a Comment