Monday, March 26, 2012

Diapers and bottles and bibs- oh my!

Last weekend was the big Wizard of Oz baby shower. The one my sister and aunts, cousins and friends have been working on for months and I was floored. They did an amazing job!

How cute are these invites? (I blanked out some of the information so that's why there are some smudges) Thanks to Meg and Blair for being so creative! It only got more amazing from there.


Check out this awesome candy bar made by Geoff's cousins:
The entire thing was fantastic and of course I had to take some home to munch on after the party was over. 

My aunts are so creative- they really outdid themselves this time.
Here's some more pictures of the decorations-
Emerald City diaper cake

All the goodies- rainbow cupcakes, yellow brick road cupcakes and more
The punch was awesome
Cute display for gifts



My sister Blair, our brother Blake is hiding behind the cutout
More of the goodies



Each of the table decorations had quotes from the movie
Even Toto made an appearance!

My cousin needs her own cupcake show- she spent 4 HOURS making these rainbow cupcakes one at a time!
They were phenomenal- so were the ruby red slipper cookies!

For games my sister modified two "go to" games- she painted clothes pins sparkly red and any time someone said "baby" they had to pass their pin. She also filled a basket (complete with blue gingham) full of baby items. Guests had to reach in and try to guess all the items. It really was cute.

Little Miss is spoiled already- she got a lot of great gifts and Geoff got there just in time to see most of them. He's really excited there will be another shopper in the family. ;O

"Aunt" Kelly got us this awesome bib-

 My Grandma Dot made Little Miss this adorable bunny in her nursery colors:
I love it, it's a family tradition, we got bears when we were little.

Even before I was ever pregnant I said I didn't want my daughter prancing around in cheerleader outfits (don't hate me but I think they are a bit over used). I know that's weird right? I cheered for years and I am a HUGE Mizzou fan but I just want her to be different so I've said I'm going to make tutus her thing- a fashion statement I'm sure Geoff just loves. Aunt Blair got us started on the right foot with this little pink awesomeness:
I can't wait to put it on her.

Thanks again SO much to everyone who helped with the shower and all my friends and family who came and showered Little Miss with the amazing gifts. I'm sure once I get them out of the living room Geoff will thank you too. ;)

The entire day was a blast but boy am I starting to really FEEL pregnant- my feet, ankles and legs are really starting to swell-

and that's saying something for me because I've always had tree stump legs...


It's funny, at first I used to get annoyed whenever anyone said "Oh my, are you sure it's not two in there?" I'd want to say- "I'm pretty sure, I am the one going to the doctor you know." Did I really look that big back then? But now that I look in the mirror and feel like a beached whale I'm getting the "Oh you are just ALL baby" and I want to scream "Really? My nose and face look this bloated ALL the time???"
Ha- the "crabbiness" has set in that's for sure. But I know it's that passage of 
mommy-hood. I know everyone is just trying to make me feel better and I really do appreciate all the support and love, even the teasing here and there. 

THAT being said- I've never been more excited to get my butt to a gym- ask me if I feel that way once she's here...

It's officially one MONTH untill her due date- ahhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment